SOLVED

Lead gen form or Marketo page for webinar recordings

Go to solution
Ghizlane1
Level 2

Lead gen form or Marketo page for webinar recordings

What is the best way to promote for webinar recordings :

1. Lead Gen form that includes link to recording (no Marketo landing page) OR 
  2. Linkedin redirecting leads to Marketo registration page

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Lead gen form or Marketo page for webinar recordings

Interesting question. 🙂

I think if you look at short-term results like form conversion you'll see that LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms will perform better as they remove obstacles for the persons that want to see the webinar. That's the whole point of Lead Gen Forms that only a few form fields suffice and you still get the missing information from LinkedIn, right?

But if you look at long-term conversion as in: What percentage of people who watched my recording became opportunities, you might get different data. It might be that people who agreed to submit your Marketo page/form are more dedicated to exchange their data for your content and eventually yield better results.

Very generally speaking: I'd be very cautious with the term "perform better" if I'm not completely certain what I'm looking at.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Ghizlane1, This is more of a strategy-related thing (i.e., which channel and medium to choose)! If I were you, I'd have taken a call based on the past engagement data to see which of the two, i.e., LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms or the Marketo Registration page, has performed better for similar things. Additionally, if you have LinkedIn integrated with Marketo, then you'd see data flowing into Marketo similar to how you'd see data coming from Marketo form submissions, given that you have apt mappings for the Linkedin Lead Gen Form fields and Marketo fields. With the latter, you'd be able to view VIsits Web Page activity in Marketo, given that the person has the associated Munchkin session. However, in both cases, you'd be able to trigger campaigns via the Fill Out LinkedIn Lead Gen Form in the first case and the Fill Out Form in the second case.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Interesting question. 🙂

I think if you look at short-term results like form conversion you'll see that LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms will perform better as they remove obstacles for the persons that want to see the webinar. That's the whole point of Lead Gen Forms that only a few form fields suffice and you still get the missing information from LinkedIn, right?

But if you look at long-term conversion as in: What percentage of people who watched my recording became opportunities, you might get different data. It might be that people who agreed to submit your Marketo page/form are more dedicated to exchange their data for your content and eventually yield better results.

Very generally speaking: I'd be very cautious with the term "perform better" if I'm not completely certain what I'm looking at.