SOLVED

Conversational flow asking for email twice to book meetings

Go to solution
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Conversational flow asking for email twice to book meetings

Conversational flow asking for email twice to book meetings.

Basically, they fill out the demo form, and that form asks for an email. Then once they submit the form, the calendar booking features asks for the email again to show calendar times. How can I bypass the second email input? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Re: Conversational flow asking for email twice to book meetings

Yup, it's a race condition. The Product team is aware and we're looking for a solution here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

That's a great question! AFAICT, if the person hasn't provided their email address within the conversational flow or dialogue where the meeting card is added (or isn't already cookied from before), the meeting card will prompt the person to enter their email address when attempting to book a meeting. This may be because the meeting card cannot reference the email address submitted on the form, even though dynamic chat uses the same Munchkin tracking cookie to monitor activities. Have you tried this process (filling out the form and booking a meeting via the conversational form) with a Munchkin-associated (cookied) record from before? Does the meeting card ask the email address again after filling out the form?

cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Just tested it! 

If I fill out another form, then navigate to the demo form and fill it out, the pop-up no longer asks me for my email. 

So I guess the email has already been passed over when the user fills out a different form first.

The question is why does this not work when the demo form is the first form filled? Shouldn't both forms cookie the user? Is this a timing issue? 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, I did expect that behavior! So the conversational flow being triggered without the page being refreshed after the form fill (or the person not being already Cookied) still takes it as the munchkin not being associated with the person record (i.e., to it, the person is still an anonymous record). For using the member of smart/static list as a condition to trigger the conversational flow, the documentation clearly says that the person must be cookied as a known person prior to form submission. I can see the same reasoning behind the behavior you’re seeing at your end while booking the meeting for an anonymous record, i.e., for the conversational flow, to be able to reference the person data (email, smart list membership, etc), the person record has be to be cookied prior to form a submission. IMHO, I think it is just the way conversational flows are designed and built.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Yup, it's a race condition. The Product team is aware and we're looking for a solution here.

cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Super cool, thanks!