What is Lead nurturing?
I have just copied this definition from Marketo page where they have explained it in very simple words.
Lead nurturing is the process of developing relationships with buyers at every stage of the sales funnel and through every step of the buyer’s journey. It focuses on marketing and communication efforts on listening to the needs of prospects and providing the information and answers they need.
Now, I am directly coming to the point and will start the discussion on Marketo engagement program. What is the definition that you would come up when studying/learning about the engagement program?
I have also collaborated a document on some other key point that we need to remember while setting up any new nurturing.
Key things to remember when you are setting up engagement program:
6. For example, You have defined the cast to send email on Monday and you have received some leads in the nurturing program on Sunday then these leads will receive first nurturing email just one day after lead creation which is not suggested. So, always add wait steps for a week or 4-5 days in the gated smart campaign where you are adding the leads to engagement program.
7. Always schedule the first cast after 24 hours after getting all the approval to maintain the nurturing process for different time zones.
8. In the beginning of nurturing setup, you would need to activate all the stream (all content in the streams) and you would also need to turn on your engagement program.
9. If you want to turn off your nurturing then you can simply turn off your nurturing program and no one will receive the content then, even leads in the wait step will also not receive the content/assets.
10. You can also turn off any particular stream, any particular email of the stream. To do this, you would just need to deactivate the content on that particular stream or if it is any email then just deactivate that particular email.
11. Stream cadence can be checked in the stream level but do you know that you can also check/change engagement program member cadence by selecting the members in the program tab. If it is set normal then they will receive the content and if it’s set as paused then they will not receive.
NOTE: To change the status for multiple members at a time, we can create a smart list and then we can change the “Engagement program cadence in bulk” using single flow action or we can also create a batch campaign for this.
Hope this will be helpful to many of you and I would also like to hear your take on this.
Sant Singh Rathaur
Connect with me on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sant-singh-rathaur/
Hi Sant - Do you have any doc available where there is more visibility on Program ID and how EP actually matches program ID with its nested smart campaigns..
Sorry to say Priyank but I don't have any reference for you and don't think that it's visible for end user like us.
HI Sant Singh Rathaur this is super super helpful. I am very very passionate about Nurture programs and love the amount of detail this post showcases. I have experience building these from a robust 4 month long cadence to anything from a few weeks.
One thing that I've found works really well are embedded programs. It has been beneficial reporting wise. I utilize the campaign within campaign feature -- starting first at the engagement program level and then segmenting down to default programs with the correct channel and tag.
Some of the perks are:
-Common landing pages tied to global forms
-Use channel specific assets in child campaigns to vary offers
-Allows for more control over reporting on your marketing initiatives
-Allows you to mirror CRM Parent Child campaigns
-Create long term Nurtures with more control over content, cadence and audience
Would love to chat about any experiences you have had Sant Singh Rathaur or any other experiences people have had in the community! These are always a bit harder to build out the architecture, so always love to pick other peoples brains.
Let me know if you have any questions!