AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I add a second "save progress" button on a form?

Question asked by Alex Bridges on Sep 25, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2019 by Sanford Whiteman

So here's the deal:

I've built a form where the user can go in, write answers, and then go back and edit them. If something is left blank upon submit, they're taken to a page that says "thanks! Your progress has been saved." If it's all filled out and ready to go, and they hit submit, they're taken to a page that says "Thank you for your form submission! Someone will be in touch shortly."

Sounds good, right? Our program on the back end is built to listen for the visit to the 'saved progress' page or the 'thank you' page, and we take it from there.

However! This has the potential to create a confusing user experience (or so I hear). So they want me to put in a second button that says "save progress". It will basically function exactly the same as the submit button, except it will direct them to the 'save progress' page no matter what.

What can I do to build a second button that listens to my form, but always directs to the "save progress" page? Would it maybe be like a hidden form type thing (ex: add a Marketo hidden form to a button on another site, except this time it's a different button and on the same site)? Thoughts as to what I can do? Or resources for documentation I may have missed?

Thanks!

Outcomes