I would start with reading Understanding Engagement Programs. This is going to show you how to technically set up a nurture. Then read this 2015 Definitive Guide to Lead Nurturing - Marketo on the best practices. Page 31 of the Definitive Guide has a great example on the timing and the communication sequence. The guide is a brilliant read, too.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
In addition to what Alex suggests, you really need to map this out on a whiteboard and consider things like what you say. You do not run a nurture for one person.
- Entry conditions
- cadence - how often
- streams - could vary by cadence or Stage
- content - do you have content enough to start up a nurture? Is there a plan to keep feeding new content?
- Exit - Good - what's the goal of this nurture? what do we want them to do?
- Exit - Bad - when do we stop if they don't do what we want?
- General to Specific - do we run nurturing for everyone and then push them to more specific areas based on their responses?
The setup is pretty simple, but the thought behind it is hard. Take the time to plan it out.