8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 2:15 AM by 4ff02bb9008619239655f315c99bb70bda634cb5

Responsive Landing Page & IE

Joe Reitz

First of all, massive "Thank You" to Edward Unthank for the totally dope tokenized responsive landing page template he launched this week. If you haven't seen these yet, get them here: Responsive Marketo Landing Page Templates V2. I've made 2 programs with tokens since immersing myself in Edward's Summit session(s), and I can attest for how much time and energy they can save. VERY exciting stuff.

I have a question that I'd like to pose to the community as a whole, though... I customized Edward's template to make this awesome page, but it doesn't seem to work well in the last several versions of Internet Explorer. Currently, about a third of our traffic comes from IE users, so it's an important segment for us to address (regardless of my personal opinions on the worthiness of IE-users to receive my content ).

I'm not familiar enough with responsive CSS to know any IE hacks, but does anyone else have any tips or can point me in the right direction to get this LP to render consistently regardless of browser used? In a perfect world, there would be a single javascript file to embed in the <head> and a mini-fridge of beer under my desk...

thanks, all!

/joe

Full Disclosure:

• I didn't follow Edwards instructions perfectly (which I suspect to be the source of my frustration). Getting access to the file structure of our site is a multi-week process with corporate IT (that probably won't get approved in the end). So while I wait for that news, I put the core CSS, Javascript, and image files in Marketo's design studio and revised any references in the template's HTML.
      • IE versions in order of usage:
        • 11.0 (47%)
        • 9.0 (21%)
        • 8.0 (15.5%)
        • 10.0 (13%)
        • 7 (2.5%).