SOLVED

Re: How to find duplicate programs where a same gated pdf link is being used/promoted

Go to solution
Amod_Kumar_Shar
Level 2

How to find duplicate programs where a same gated pdf link is being used/promoted

Hello team,

How can find a duplicate program within the same workspace where same white paper has been promoted. 

Background:

A gated program has been created to promote an IoT technology white paper where people will download it after filling out the form. 

To promote the same gated IoT white paper someone from team again created another program, where people will fill out the form and download same paper.
What's the way to find both programs'?

/Many Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: How to find duplicate programs where a same gated pdf link is being used/promoted

Gotcha! Thank you for explaining your requirement in detail. I think you should try getting the program name from the click of the PDF document. Of course, this would need at least 1 click interaction on the PDF link from new assets in the new duplicate program in your instance. Also, I assume you don't have any log of the program creation anywhere else (i.e., in project/ticket management platforms, etc.)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are there 2 different forms, and does each have the PDF as its Thank You URL?
Amod_Kumar_Shar
Level 2

Thank you for your quick response.
Maximum times with different forms but there might be chance to have the same form. 
Most of the times gated PDF catered through confirmation email or with Thank-you Landing Page. In both cases PDF opens after hitting on the download link. 

/Many Thanks
Darshil_Shah1

Do you have a program naming convention in place that you could use to find the program? That'd be one of the easiest ways to find duplicate programs.

Also, even though this asset was uploaded to the Design Studio, there's no way to find the places it's being referenced. One way you could track this is by looking at the activity logs of the people who filled out the gated content form and were sent the gated content email, but for this, you'd have to know the form name too in the first place. Another alternative is to find people who have a Clicked Link in Email Activity with gated content asset's link, but there's a catch here- clicks on the direct downloads may not have sufficient time to get logged in the act log, it'd help with the reliability if you have a target="_blank" attribute on your link, so it'd open up in a new tab.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Another alternative is to find people who have a Clicked Link in Email Activity with gated content asset's link, but there's a catch here- clicks on the direct downloads may not have sufficient time to get logged in the act log, it'd help with the reliability if you have a target="_blank" attribute on your link, so it'd open up in a new tab.

Well, the Clicked Link in Email will always be logged if the person (or a mail scanner) followed the link. Conversely, a Clicked Link on Web Page will never be logged if the email link went directly to the PDF.

The only uncertain situation is when the email link went to a download page (real LP) with a link on it, but the page automatically redirects to the download. You may or may not get the Visited Web Page then. But even that is 99% reliable these days because of beacons (didn’t used to be).

Darshil_Shah1

Agreed! This makes total sense. Thanks, Sandy! 🙂

Amod_Kumar_Shar
Level 2

Hi Darshil,

Thanks for your comments. 

Gated paper links are on EPi, not on the Marketo server. 

Let's create a hypothetical scenario:

Client reaches out me to create a web content program where a gated asset needs to be promoted. Gated asset link is "https://nation.marketo.com/pdf".  I created and run this program. The Form was random. 

Other team/client from the same company reaches out to one of my colleagues and asked them to do the same what I did.  (this should not be happened but this happened because second person from the same company was not aware that this gated paper has already been promoted) Here the gated links are same, and it's on EPi. My colleague created a different program with different Form and promoted it the same gated paper link. 

Somehow, we found that to promote the same gated asset, two programs have been created with the different forms and all.  Wanted to find out similar kind of programs where same links have been promoted. Workspace is same. 
Many thanks in advance.

/Many Thanks
Darshil_Shah1

Gotcha! Thank you for explaining your requirement in detail. I think you should try getting the program name from the click of the PDF document. Of course, this would need at least 1 click interaction on the PDF link from new assets in the new duplicate program in your instance. Also, I assume you don't have any log of the program creation anywhere else (i.e., in project/ticket management platforms, etc.)