SOLVED

Re: Zoom/Marketo/Webhook Failing Help

Go to solution
Calon_Alpar
Level 2

Zoom/Marketo/Webhook Failing Help

Hello,

I'm having a major problem that is messing up my operations and I am stumped, even MKTO support hasn't identified an answer and it's been escalated twice. Trying a post here to see if anyone else has any ideas around this. We use Zoom Webinar integration for our webinars and all of a sudden on the registration forms I keep seeing the Invalid Email Address Fail. I have used our normal setup where it has always worked and it's not working. The interesting thing why I don't think the Webhook is broken, is because the registration actually does get processed in ZOOM. The problem is the unique webinar url doesn't get registered in the person's MKTO record.

You can see the Detail in the "Call Webhook" activity type. Also this is just my tests but this also happens to other email types.

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 4.46.03 PM.png

Activity Details from clicking on the above Activity Type.

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 4.50.17 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

For anyone watching: we dove into this further and it was solved by recreating the Response Mappings on the Zoom webhook (recreated exactly as-was, without recreating the entire 'hook definition).

We didn't have a problem with new webhook definitions in Calon's instance, nor with 'hooks in other instances  So as far as we could see there wasn't a systemic webhook problem, just a corrupt definition.  (Or if there was also a system-wide webhook problem going on as Support implied, it was unrelated.)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Calon,

I am wondering if this is the issue:

pastedImage_0.png

Can you potentially post a response from a zoom webhook that actually passed?

Thanks

Floyd

Calon_Alpar
Level 2

Hi Floyd,

Below is my same email test on my previous webinar where registration worked. Same setup and all.

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 8.20.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 8.20.20 PM.png

SanfordWhiteman

Getting the sense the cause lies well outside the webhook setup. I can use the standard Zoom webhook setup with no problems and can't make it generate this error using a payload like you show here. Even with a truly invalid email, like one including an unquoted space, the response is still an HTTP 200 with valid JSON:

{
    "error": {
        "code": 300,
        "message": "Invalid input parameter: email"
    }
}

Note that's not "Invalid Email Address" and isn't an unhandled exception (i.e. it's a not a hard error like the one you're seeing).

I'm happy to look at this with you because I like to know all the exceptional cases to blog about. DM me if you want, I'm around now...

Calon_Alpar
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for your response. Do you think something could be broken within Marketo? Because I haven't changed up anything as far as setup and now this issue is happening.

Also, I'm still waiting for Marketo support as they have yet to respond with any solution.

SanfordWhiteman

Do you think something could be broken within Marketo?

Yep.

But we'd have to do some more interactive debugging to be sure.

Calon_Alpar
Level 2

Marketo support got back to me and said they are having known Webhook

problems. Their Tier 3 support is looking at it, but unfortunately I don't

have a timeline to when there will be a fix.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 12:58 PM Sanford Whiteman <

SanfordWhiteman

Nice. I haven't seen that same error in other instances this week, being an obviously extensive user of webhooks... are all your webhooks malfunctioning in the same way?

Calon_Alpar
Level 2

Interesting. It's unfortunate its happening to us, because it's really

hurting production. This is the only webhook we currently running.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 4:25 PM Sanford Whiteman <

SanfordWhiteman

Well, if you feel like DM'ing me I'm happy to troubleshoot it with you for my own edification. (Well, not just edification as there are 200+ instances using webhooks into our platform and I need to know what's what.)