SOLVED

Zip Code Integrity

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zip Code Integrity

Some of my zip codes only show four digits an the first 0 was dropped  (i.e. Zip: "01234" shows "1234").

Since all USA zip codes are 5 digits, is there a way to insert a 0 infront of all 4 digit USA zip codes?

How can I safely fix this?

Thanks for the help!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Zip Code Integrity

You could try a smart list that says Zip Code at least 0000 or 0001 and have a View with Postal Code showing.

This prob happened because of Excel's tendency to chop off leading 0s unless you reset the column format to Zip or Zip+4 which will restore the 0. Do this BEFORE converting it to CSV.

If you are happy with that smart list you could run a flow like

Change Data Value, If Zip Code is between 0000 and 9999 and then say 0{{lead.zip code}}

try that on a test lead, it *should* work.

Otherwise I'd export with the email address and zip code, then fix it in Excel, then reupload with field block OFF on zip code.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're using SFDC, you could use data loader and export the data, edit the zip codes, then reupload. 

For Marketo only, you could create a smart list that then edits the data, but you'd have to add all the zip codes that are 4 digits each into the field, which could be time consuming.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For Marketo only, would there be a way extract all 4 digit zip codes into a smart list automatically instead of doing it manually?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You could try a smart list that says Zip Code at least 0000 or 0001 and have a View with Postal Code showing.

This prob happened because of Excel's tendency to chop off leading 0s unless you reset the column format to Zip or Zip+4 which will restore the 0. Do this BEFORE converting it to CSV.

If you are happy with that smart list you could run a flow like

Change Data Value, If Zip Code is between 0000 and 9999 and then say 0{{lead.zip code}}

try that on a test lead, it *should* work.

Otherwise I'd export with the email address and zip code, then fix it in Excel, then reupload with field block OFF on zip code.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under the primary zip filter the "greater than" option is not avaliable, instead I see: 

0EM50000000S0xS.jpg

How would I add greater than/less than functions to this? Thanks.