SOLVED

Would like to use two triggers in a campaign

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would like to use two triggers in a campaign

We are attempting a marketing preference center as an alternative to a full opt out. We have a subscription form where clients/prospects select a check box from a form to select that mailing as a preference AND in doing so sets a specific Mkto field to true from the form which then changes the data value in Salesforce. What I am finding is that I can not use two triggers in the campaign; Marketo seems to view these as OR. Wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would like to use two triggers in a campaign

You can have two triggers work as "AND", rather than "OR" by adding their corresonding filters to the smart list and using the "Use ALL filters" option.  If either trigger fires, then the filters will ensure that only those leads that have both filters evaluated to true will progress to the flow steps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

What are the two triggers in your campaign? I'm onlly reading one. Maybe post a screen shot of your workflow here to make it easier for others to help you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can have two triggers work as "AND", rather than "OR" by adding their corresonding filters to the smart list and using the "Use ALL filters" option.  If either trigger fires, then the filters will ensure that only those leads that have both filters evaluated to true will progress to the flow steps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Amy. This is what I have currently and is not working because triggers I have learned are read as "OR" and not "AND" as I would like. How else might this be written to achieve the AND result?
0EM50000000QObl.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I am trying to narrow this down to when Macro Investing Insights becomes true when the form is filled out (two things happening at the same time), would the following work to limit this to a single trigger?

0EM50000000QObq.jpg
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

That would work. But overall, I'm wondering about your logic here. If that attribute (Macro Investing Insights) is mapped to SFDC then the value will already be true in both Marketo & SFDC. What else do you need to happen after someone fills out that form and selects that value? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to update text in a field in Salesforce that tells users that this was "Subscribed by Contact."  I am making a distinction from a user making a selection.

0EM50000000QObv.jpg
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

That makes sense. 🙂  Is it working for you now?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your help. It wasgreatly appreciated!