Re: Would it be disastrous to change a Workspace and Partition name?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be disastrous to change a Workspace and Partition name?

Hello Community!

We are in a pickle....Our Marketo Admin accepted a position at another company last month (sad for us, awesome for her) and we are making changes to one of our brands, including creating a whole new website (set to launch this coming Monday, July 17th) under a different brand name—which necessitates changing the name of the brand's respective Workspaces and Partitions in Marketo.

Before she left, our Marketo Admin expressed concern over changing the workspace/partition names; unfortunately, we are not clear on what those concerns were.

The Marketo Product articles I read do not indicate any real issues with changing the names of workspaces/partitions, but we are a bit "haunted" by our former Admin's reluctance to make any changes.

Can anyone please shed light on what potential problems might arise and how best to approach making any workspace/partition changes?

For reference, here are links to the articles I read:

Partition changes: Edit an Existing Person Partition - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Worspace changes: Change the Name of a Workspace - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Thank you for your help in advance,

Laura Kimball

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I see no reason to worry.

If you are concerned, do a test - create a new WS/LP pair, create a smart list that references them, then edit the names. Check the smart list to see if change occurred.

Only tokens do not auto update across assets.

You may want to check in with support that you are doing this.

Once you do this, double check key campaigns that reference the Partitions and WS to ensure the names took. Do it one by one to see the effects.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Josh!

Thanks for your response . I got some more information from our technical support representative and it turns out that we are using the custom integration "Sync Leads" and will need to coordinate with our technical team to ensure that we don't break the integration by editing the workspace and partition names.

Do you know if there is a step-by-step process that I can refer to for how to make changes for this type of integration?

Best regards,

Laura

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Nope. I'd have to be in your system. Whoever built or owns that custom sync needs to help you.