SOLVED

Workspaces and Munchkin code

Go to solution
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Workspaces and Munchkin code

We are considering to implement workspaces and partitions. These workspaces will be for different brands with distinct websites. Can I create different munchkin codes for these sites? I saw couple posts that talk about "wsinfo" to differentiate the munchkin code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Workspaces and Munchkin code

HI Ashley,

If your whole Marketo Instance has only one partition, you are right, having different munchkin codes is useless, as anyway all the leads will end up is the same partition.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hi Ashley,

Some information on that can be found here Add Munchkin Tracking Code to Your Website - Marketo Docs - Product Docs..   Anonymous leads will start in the lead partition that corresponds to the Munchkin code type you choose.

Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Hi Steven, I saw the product doc. It was not clear to me if I get different munchkin codes for each WS or it is universal for the instance regardless of the workspaces.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Will the leads be completely separated from each other in Marketo and will they typically ONLY look at the UK website vs. the US site?

Once you have the WS, you can then put individual WS code on the sections of the site you care about.

Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

If I have multiple workspaces but only one partition, I am not sure if I am understanding why will I have different variations of the munchkin code.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Ashley,

If your whole Marketo Instance has only one partition, you are right, having different munchkin codes is useless, as anyway all the leads will end up is the same partition.

-Greg