SOLVED

Re: Wordpress Embed Form - Need new form for each new wordpress page?

Go to solution
Albert_Li
Level 2

Wordpress Embed Form - Need new form for each new wordpress page?

Hi Guys,

We are using a plugin that allows us to just enter the Marketo Form ID into a wordpress template to sync form fills back to marketo through Wordpress native pages.

Question: Do I need to have a separate new Marketo form for each new wordpress page with an embedded marketo form?

I know if it's a Marketo hosted page I can just reuse the same form over and over again and specify the marketo landing page it is being used on to bucket it to the correct marketo program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Absolutely not.  You do the same thing with embedded forms on non-Marketo LPs.  But instead of referencing the LP, you reference the "referrer" (as a constraint) - which indicates the page that the form was submitted on.  We do this on our website (over 7,000 pages).

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Absolutely not.  You do the same thing with embedded forms on non-Marketo LPs.  But instead of referencing the LP, you reference the "referrer" (as a constraint) - which indicates the page that the form was submitted on.  We do this on our website (over 7,000 pages).

pastedImage_0.png

Albert_Li
Level 2

Hey Dan,

I believe this only works for net new names right? If original referrer is blank?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is the Referrer of the form fillout activity, not of the lead. It is always present.

Michelle_Lewis
Level 3

I am having a related issue. I know to use the Referrer URL in the smart campaign, however what I don't know is how to code the follow up page. We are trying to use Global Forms, but can't figure out how to set the Follow Up Page in WP. Is this possible? TIA!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Output the WP page variable into JS.

Use the Forms 2.0 JS API to set the base Thank You URL to the WP page variable, and also append the query string of the original Marketo-supplied URL:

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form) {   
form.onSuccess(function(vals, tyURL) {
var originalTYLoc = document.createElement("a"),
rewrittenTYLoc = document.createElement("a");

originalTYLoc.href = tyURL;
rewrittenTYLoc.href = "https://www.example.com/get-your-download-html"; // this quoted string would be from your WP page variable
rewrittenTYLoc.search += "&" + originalTYLoc.search.slice(1);
document.location = rewrittenTyLoc;
return false;
});
});‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍