SOLVED

Re: Marketo isn't recognising my scheduled webinar

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondering why Marketo isn't recognising your WebEx webinars? Perhaps you have the wrong WebEx subscription (see last comment)

Hi all,

Any advice as to why Marketo is giving me this error message: 'Account has no webinars scheduled', when I have definitely scheduled one (it was scheduled 30 minutes ago now, which should be adequate time for Marketo to pick it up)?

I had problems this morning integrating WebEx with Marketo (it was the first time that this integration was set up) due to a problem with the 'site name'.  That appears to have been resolved as the integration exists but I thought I should mention this in case the problems were somehow related.

Looking forward to hearing some genius solutions,

Niamh

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem has been solved and thought I should post the answer in case this happens to anyone else.

Marketo does not recognise the WebEx package called 'WebEx Meetings' (which my company has purchased) and only recognises the package called 'WebEx Event Centre'.  Though a webinar could typically be hosted on either, Marketo believes that webinars can only happen in the event centre, so will not integrate with other WebEx packages.  This is a tad frustrating (the Event Centre package is more expensive).

Cheers,

Niamh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you do not have the sitename, you won't be able to connect the webex account at the Admin level. If this worked, great.

If you scheduled a recurring webinar, it will also not work.

It may take time for the webinar to appear in Marketo, but 30 mins sounds long. Are you sure you followed the webex integration instructions? It's a bit thornier than GTW.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Yes, I've even phoned WebEx to ensure I had the right site name.  The integration appears to have worked but when I select WebEx as my event partner in the 'event settings' box, an error appears saying 'Account has no webinars scheduled' which is not true.  Who could fix this do you think?  Marketo support?

Thanks for getting back to me,

Niamh

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem has been solved and thought I should post the answer in case this happens to anyone else.

Marketo does not recognise the WebEx package called 'WebEx Meetings' (which my company has purchased) and only recognises the package called 'WebEx Event Centre'.  Though a webinar could typically be hosted on either, Marketo believes that webinars can only happen in the event centre, so will not integrate with other WebEx packages.  This is a tad frustrating (the Event Centre package is more expensive).

Cheers,

Niamh