Will setting distribution to challenger 100% work?

Dean548
Level 2

Will setting distribution to challenger 100% work?

Hi,

For champion-challenger tests, I want to make it so that the same number of emails are sent to each challenger. I don’t want to do a 50/50 split and send for example, 500 emails to the champion and then split another 500 among the challengers (resulting in 166 each if there are 3 challengers).

If I set the split so that 100% of the records receive the challengers does that mean all 1000 records will be divided among the challengers (333 each)?

Are there any potential issues that I might run into by doing by setting it to 100% challengers? 

Thanks 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
uditmathur
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Will setting distribution to challenger 100% work?

Hi @Dean548 ,

Setting C/C distribution to 100% will mean your entire database will set as the test case & you will not be having any lead to further send your winning email.

For example if you have 1000 qualified leads for C/C & you have 3 email (i.e. 1 champion & 2 challengers) than your DB will be equally divided & each will be sent either of the 1 email. 

So at the end of your test you will not have any qualified lead to send your most interactive email.

You can get more details on C/C test here

Hope this helps 😊

Dean548
Level 2

Hi @uditmathur,

Since this is a nurture program and new leads will constantly qualify for the program even if its set to 100% challengers I don't think this will be an issue as after I manually declare a winner any new qualified leads will get the winning email - please correct me if I'm wrong here.

So just to confirm if I set the distribution to 100% challengers will 0 leads receive the champion email? and there wont be any issues declaring one of the challenger emails as the winner?

@uditmathur wrote:

Setting C/C distribution to 100% will mean your entire database will set as the test case & you will not be having any lead to further send your winning email.

Thanks!

uditmathur
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Hi @Dean548 ,

Technically YES, if you set challenger to 100% all your qualified leads will receive challenger version is equal ratio.

uditmathur_0-1728535404024.png