Re: Will setting distribution to challenger 100% work?

Dean548
Level 2

Will setting distribution to challenger 100% work?

Hi,

For champion-challenger tests, I want to make it so that the same number of emails are sent to each challenger. I don’t want to do a 50/50 split and send for example, 500 emails to the champion and then split another 500 among the challengers (resulting in 166 each if there are 3 challengers).

If I set the split so that 100% of the records receive the challengers does that mean all 1000 records will be divided among the challengers (333 each)?

Are there any potential issues that I might run into by doing by setting it to 100% challengers? 

Thanks 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
uditmathur
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Hi @Dean548 ,

Setting C/C distribution to 100% will mean your entire database will set as the test case & you will not be having any lead to further send your winning email.

For example if you have 1000 qualified leads for C/C & you have 3 email (i.e. 1 champion & 2 challengers) than your DB will be equally divided & each will be sent either of the 1 email. 

So at the end of your test you will not have any qualified lead to send your most interactive email.

You can get more details on C/C test here

Hope this helps 😊

Dean548
Level 2

Hi @uditmathur,

Since this is a nurture program and new leads will constantly qualify for the program even if its set to 100% challengers I don't think this will be an issue as after I manually declare a winner any new qualified leads will get the winning email - please correct me if I'm wrong here.

So just to confirm if I set the distribution to 100% challengers will 0 leads receive the champion email? and there wont be any issues declaring one of the challenger emails as the winner?

@uditmathur wrote:

Setting C/C distribution to 100% will mean your entire database will set as the test case & you will not be having any lead to further send your winning email.

Thanks!

uditmathur

Hi @Dean548 ,

Technically YES, if you set challenger to 100% all your qualified leads will receive challenger version is equal ratio.

uditmathur_0-1728535404024.png

Dean548
Level 2

Thanks @uditmathur  🙂

Do you think I would run into any problems or potential issues by setting the distribution to 100% challengers?

uditmathur

Hi @Dean548 ,

Apparently, there is no issue in doing so, apart from the fact that you are not testing your Champion mail for the relevance of your test case.

You are only testing the challenger mail & their might be chances that your champion mail have the best content relevant to use case, but since its not be put on test you can never judge it.

Hope this helps 😊