SOLVED

Re: Will all campaigns in SFDC automatically sync into Marketo when I turn on Campaign Sync?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will all campaigns in SFDC automatically sync into Marketo when I turn on Campaign Sync?

I've been asked to ensure new leads that are generated in SFDC when a Marketo form is filled out.  I believe by enabling SFDC Campaign Sync in Marketo, I can achieve this automatically.  The one fear I have is we have 300+ campaigns with 300,000+ members in SalesForce that are unrelated to our current Marketo strategy.  Will these be synchronized over?  I do not want them to.

Thanks,

Kyle Dixon

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Will all campaigns in SFDC automatically sync into Marketo when I turn on Campaign Sync?

Hi Kyle, there are severla steps here related to what Elliott and Emily said:

1. If you do not want some portion of SFDC leads to appear in marketo, you must hide them by restricting their visibility to the Marketo User. You can do this via a field: Sync to Market=T/F and telling the User not to have access. Your SFDC Admin can help.
  2. Yes, once you run the sync, SFDC will send all visible leads to Marketo and not dedupe them.
  3. SFDC Campaign Sync will simply enable Marketo to see all SFDC Campaigns and to create such campaigns.
  4. Then #3 will allow you to Sync a Program to an SFDC Campaign, which does auto-sync all leads in the Program to SFDC.
  5. So if you want to exclude/include certain leads from syncing from Marketo TO SFDC, do not use Program SFDC Campaign Sync. Instead, use the standard lifecycle approach and tell Marketo to only sync leads at certain points and that meet certain criteria.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your question. Since this is related to product, I've moved it to our Products and Support​ section. This will give it more visibility.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kyle, we have Campaign Sync enabled but this means that when a Program is synced to a SFDC Campaign the leads in that Marketo program will automatically sync into SFDC. This ensures those form fills are synced to SFDC. We have some Marketo Programs that do not have a synced SFDC Campaign as we don't want those leads in SFDC until they are further qualified or we have more than one SFDC Campaign per Marketo Program.

On a side note, you'll need to set up your Marketo user profile in SFDC with sharing rules to restrict the leads that flow into Marketo from SFDC.

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

When you do your initial integration of Marketo with SFDC, all SFDC leads will be synced to Marketo regardless of their campaign membership.  Also any new leads created in SFDC will be synced to Marketo regardless of their campaign membership.

You can sync all new leads created in Marketo to SFDC in two ways.  Always add them as a member of a Marketo that is synced to a corresponding SFDC campaign or create a smart list with a Lead is Created trigger and a Sync Lead to SFDC flow action.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Kyle, there are severla steps here related to what Elliott and Emily said:

1. If you do not want some portion of SFDC leads to appear in marketo, you must hide them by restricting their visibility to the Marketo User. You can do this via a field: Sync to Market=T/F and telling the User not to have access. Your SFDC Admin can help.
  2. Yes, once you run the sync, SFDC will send all visible leads to Marketo and not dedupe them.
  3. SFDC Campaign Sync will simply enable Marketo to see all SFDC Campaigns and to create such campaigns.
  4. Then #3 will allow you to Sync a Program to an SFDC Campaign, which does auto-sync all leads in the Program to SFDC.
  5. So if you want to exclude/include certain leads from syncing from Marketo TO SFDC, do not use Program SFDC Campaign Sync. Instead, use the standard lifecycle approach and tell Marketo to only sync leads at certain points and that meet certain criteria.