Why would field at contact level not update in SFDC but update in Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would field at contact level not update in SFDC but update in Marketo?

I had a score adjustment and it's reflected at the contact level inside Marketo. When I go into Salesforce, the score is the same before the change. Now why would the field not be updating in SFDC?

Lead Score field is mapped from Lead -> Contact. In the lead activity in Marketo, I see the change and the field value as 40. In SFDC, the field value is 50.

Any ideas? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why would field at contact level not update in SFDC but update in Marketo?

Did you confirm that Marketo has the right to update that field in CRM?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Good point. I'd think this is unusual though because this is a standard part of the setup process.

The mapping itself is less important than the permission, but I wonder if you just aren't giving it enough time to sync? Did you try forcing a sync on the record yourself?

Does Sales have access to modify the Lead Score (they should not)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Field is mapped correctly.

Field is readable and editable by the sync user. It has been 3 days since the push.

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

After 3 days, it's unlikely that a sync backlog would be causing this, but you can check in Admin > Salesforce and observe the date/time stamp in the upper right corner.  More likely would be a sync error with the lead that has this behavior.  You can check for this in that lead's Activity Log by typing 'sync lead' in the search box at the bottom and reviewing the syncs for a failure.

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out but want to post the answer here in case anyone searches for this.

In the admin section, for Salesforce integration, the password for my sync user had expired. So while fields were mapped, the Marketo sync user could edit the field, and everything else made sense, the sync user password expired.

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Wow - so you must have had a massive sync backlog.  Were there Salesforce Sync Errors in your Notifications tab? If so, you can subscribe to get a Salesforce Sync Error email when these occur (see screen shots below).  Also, you may want to talk your CRM admin into setting the 'Password Never Expires' option in the sync user's profile. Then you can change it at the required interval, but before doing so, you'll want to temporarily disable the Salesforce sync in Marketo.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fortunately it was just a few days and everything has since updated. I

never check the Notifications tab because Ive never found any value in what

is contained there. I am the SFDC Admin and I changed it to never expire

going forward.

Thanks!!

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Elliott Lowe <marketingnation@marketo.com>