Re: Why RCERevenue Cycle Explorer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why RCERevenue Cycle Explorer?

We are evalauting wether to invest in RCA/RCE or not.
I know Marketo Lead Management has limited reporting capability but was wondering if someone has any list of benefits RCE gives which we can not get form SFDC or anyother tool?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Great question! We have RCE and are just finally diving into RCE. So I can't answer now, but hopefully we find the value!
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Program and Opportunity Analyis capabilities are key capabilities that you just can't easily create otherwise.  And now there is a new Email Analysis capability as well that provides unique insights.  You can get more details about each of these analysis areas at the Revenue Cycle Explorer Deep Dive page in the Community.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu! I'm subscribing to this thread because I've asked this question to many people and always like to hear what they say. It seems that many of the reports are possible to get in SFDC, but easier to achieve with RCE if you don't have the SFDC resources.

The exception would be the new email analysis area, which you could only get from Marketo. I'd like to get my hands on those reports!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity...are those reports (the program and opportunity analysis) possible without RCE and SFDC?

We use Marketo connected through a custom API to our "unique" CRM...I'm trying to find the best ways to get the reports that my organization needs...and struggling.

-Emily
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madhu-I was informed by a Marketo employee about the differences between the Salesforce and RCA/RCE reporting. For RCA/RCE reporting, you are able to get first touch and mult touch related reports, program related information (such as which specific program contributed to that opportunity). Whereas in Salesforce you would only be able to view the opportuniy information.

@Emily-Not 100% sure but most likely you would need RCE for those reports. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before we had RCE, I created an attribution report by exporting the following to Excel:
  • Campaign member report with unique lead ID, response dates to your campaigns and the unique Account name or ID
  • Opportunity creation report with the unique Opp name or ID, date the Opp was created and the associated unique Account name or ID
  • Opportunity won report with the unique Opp name or ID, date the Opp was created and the associated unique Account name or ID

Then you would use VLOOKUP and pivot tables to establish the appropriate relationships.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love Elliott's response. In the simplest of terms, RCA gives you real data around Campaign/Program influence, and how it impacts Pipeline and Revenue. There might be data in a few operational type of reports that you would wish you could get all in 1 place in a single report, but that might not be possible due to the underlying table structure etc. However, at a high level, RCA is an extremely powerful tool that can help Marketing identify their influence on pipeline and revenue (and it's not just about the Lead Source/Acquisition program, because it's multiple programs that can touch a lead that converts into revenue)