SOLVED

Re: Why is my assignment rules not working for my assignment person partitions?

Go to solution
DeAnna_Humphrey
Level 2

Why is my assignment rules not working for my assignment person partitions?

I have a small group of people that were originally grouped in one of my Workspaces and Partitions called Neighbors Credit Union.  The assignment rule is defined by the custom field Credit Union/Lienholder field from SFDC. I have attached a snippet of my current assignment rule.  I have 23 leads that I changed the Credit Union/Lienholder field from Neighbors Credit Union to evolve BG and this did not move the lead from one Workspace/Partition to another.  What do I need to do? I figure the rule would move the members over to the correct database but I am finding this is not happening. 

Thank you,

DeAnna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, +1 to what Jim is saying - notice that this functionality in the Admin is called "Initial Partition". It's primarily used for when new leads come down from CRM. It's best ignored honestly as it isn't that useful.

This is the biggest error people make in workspaces/partition management. For full control, build yourself a smart campaign and utilise the "Change Partition" flow step.

Follow the instructions here: Change Person Partition - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

This only works for initial partition assignment.  If you're updating a value on an already existing person who was already assigned in the past, you'll want to create a smart campaign for that.

Veronica_Holme4

Yes, +1 to what Jim is saying - notice that this functionality in the Admin is called "Initial Partition". It's primarily used for when new leads come down from CRM. It's best ignored honestly as it isn't that useful.

This is the biggest error people make in workspaces/partition management. For full control, build yourself a smart campaign and utilise the "Change Partition" flow step.

Follow the instructions here: Change Person Partition - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

DeAnna_Humphrey
Level 2

Jim and Veronica,

Thank you this helped.  The only thing was it took me a minute to wrap my head around the instructions in the change partition steps from the Marketo Docs.  For anyone who runs across this scenario, I would add that you should use your central workspace to set up the smart campaign.  Setup your smart list to the criteria of what people/person needing to be moved from one partition to another.  Then do the steps of the Change Partition as Veronica provided earlier Change Person Partition - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation in the Flow of the smart campaign. 

Thanks again,

DeAnna

Veronica_Holme4

Indeed - yes. All functions that impact your system globally like this should be run in the Default workspace as a general rule.