Why don't tokens appear in ICS file description field?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why don't tokens appear in ICS file description field?

I'm having issues with an "Add to calendar" link in a webinar confirmation email. I'm using tokens in the description field of the ICS file. When I test the live program and open the ICS file in Outlook, this is what I see:

Calendar File.png

I know the tokens are working properly, because I'm using the exact same tokens in the confirmation email:

Tokens.JPG

My team members have encountered this issue in the past, and it seems to occur at random. Any idea what's going on?

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES 14
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Why don't tokens appear in ICS file description field?

Hi Mike Lovett​,

We have observed the same issue on a couple of instances since the end of last week. Weirdly, the tokens get populated when you send them to the lead manually (I mean with a manual flow step) but not as part of a smart campaign.

We have opened a support case, but no answer for the moment.

-Greg

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Mike

We have also faced such issues in the past while working on the ICS calendar tokens.

The only thing that worked for us was manually placing the tokens that we'd created at program level, instead of adding the tokens from the 'insert token' option in ICS calendar. That is manually typing your token name in the discription area of the ICS calendar token. For instance, {{my.Webinar Date}}.

Also, for link tokens such as Webinar URL try to remove the http//: or https//: out of the program token's URL value e.g. www.abc.html, and place it in the ICS calendar like: http://{{my.Webinar URL}}

Otherwise there could be some error in how you've set the values of the tokens that you're using in your ICS files, because I had tested a sample email by all methods and it works fine.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hello!

Support has escalated this to engineering for investigation.  If you are having this problem, please submit a Support ticket so we know you're affected and can keep you updated.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Steven Vanderberg​,

Any news on this ?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for putting this up, Mike. I'm having the same issue. Didn't have a problem with our October webinar.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Virgil,

yes, this appeared recently.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Grégoire. I've opened a ticket and they replied:

I just got an update this is an issue with high priority we have our engineers looking into this I am attaching this case to the engineering ticket and will be updating you on this as soon as we hear back from our engineering team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received word this morning that a patch has been deployed. We've tested the ICS files on our end and everything appears to be working properly.