SOLVED

Re: Why does Marketo override my updates in SFDC?

Go to solution
Apurva_Patel
Level 2

Why does Marketo override my updates in SFDC?

Hi!

I'm pretty new to Marketo, so still figuring this out. One of my colleagues reported that when they changed the contact info in Salesforce, it got overridden from Marketo later on. Is there a way I can stop this? I want my Marketo account to sync only from SFDC, and I want to stop the sync from Marketo->SFDC. Trying to capture everything at one place, and making that as the source of truth, and moving all that to Marketo to avoid such overrides and duplicates. Please help on a solution to acive the same.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Apurva,

In admin -> field management, you can select a field an block it from update by source. So you could block every update which source is not SFDC. The limit is that it will also block updates for leads.

The other possibility is to change the SFDC profile of the SFDC sync user and set these key fields in read-only mode.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Apurva,

In admin -> field management, you can select a field an block it from update by source. So you could block every update which source is not SFDC. The limit is that it will also block updates for leads.

The other possibility is to change the SFDC profile of the SFDC sync user and set these key fields in read-only mode.

-Greg

Apurva_Patel
Level 2

Thanks Greg! So, just to be double sure, if I remove the edit perms from the SFDC profile, it will not update SFDC? Also, it will be visible to Marketo, and won't affect updates in Marketo? In other words, the sync will only happen from SFDC to Marketo? Correct?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, this is it.

-Greg

Apurva_Patel
Level 2

Thanks so much Greg . You have saved a lot of my time here. If I want to test this out in my sandbox first, how do I do this? Currently, my marketo account is enabled for production. I read in the product docs that once you enable the sync, you cannot stop it. I would want to test out a few things with my marketo and salesforce sync, since we are changing a lot of sync settings for contact/leads/accounts. Is there a way I can achieve this?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Apurva,

It is technically impossible to change the SFDC instance your Marketo instance connects to.

If you really need to do this on a regular basis, you may want to consider using a Marketo sandbox, but this has a cost (license + setup)

-Greg

Apurva_Patel
Level 2

Oh! I see. So not possible. But, thanks for all the help Greg! Appreciate it.