SOLVED

why does Marketo add an unsubscribe div to all my emails when they are sent?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

why does Marketo add an unsubscribe div to all my emails when they are sent?

My templates already have an unsubscribe button and still Marketo adds an unsubscribe div to all my emails. How can I deactivate that?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rasmus_Bidstru1
Level 4

Re: why does Marketo add an unsubscribe div to all my emails when they are sent?

We had the issue that it should only be hidden in some of our mails, and this is a global setting to remove the marketo unsubscribe.. so i just added a CSS style that removes it.

body p{ display: none !important}

This will remove all P-tags that are children of the body tag, and if your mail is setup correctly that should only be the unsubscribe link 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: why does Marketo add an unsubscribe div to all my emails when they are sent?

Hey Max,
Here is an article describing how to remove Marketo's default unsubscribe text: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GuxxCAC.

Be careful and make sure that leads have the option to unsubcribe from every marketing email you send to them.

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, but that's exactly it... I don't want to remove from all of them. Only one specific email for now.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Why would you only remove it from one if your templates already have an unsubscribe feature?  Or do you mean that the one email you are sending should have zero unsubscribes?  As long as it's justified (Auto-Responder or Critical Email) then you should just make it operational (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz32CAC). Is that what you were looking to do?
Rasmus_Bidstru1
Level 4

We had the issue that it should only be hidden in some of our mails, and this is a global setting to remove the marketo unsubscribe.. so i just added a CSS style that removes it.

body p{ display: none !important}

This will remove all P-tags that are children of the body tag, and if your mail is setup correctly that should only be the unsubscribe link 🙂