SOLVED

Re: Why are the numbers on segmentation different than smart list if they both have the same criteria?

Go to solution
kristalklug
Level 2

Why are the numbers on segmentation different than smart list if they both have the same criteria?

Hi. 

I can't provide snapshots due to sensitive information, but can someone explain to me why my segmentation (which is used for a dynamic email) has a smaller number of people than the smart list? I actually created the smart list first. I then realized that segmentation was better for the type of email I am creating. So, I used the same criteria that is on my smart list to build the segmentation. So, why aren't the numbers the same?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: Why are the numbers on segmentation different than smart list if they both have the same criteria?

if you have multiple segments and they are not mutually exclusive, a person may qualify for multiple segments but they will only be in the first one they match on.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

if you have multiple segments and they are not mutually exclusive, a person may qualify for multiple segments but they will only be in the first one they match on.