SOLVED

Re: Why are some of my UTM's tracking and some not?

Go to solution
Carly_Stevens2
Level 2

Why are some of my UTM's tracking and some not?

I am using hidden fields in my forms for populating UTM Source, Medium, Campaign and SFDC Campaign ID down from the URL parameters. Weirdly, it's working for UTM Source, Campaign and our SFDC Campaign ID and pulling those down into our respective fields, but not UTM Medium. I also tried creating a custom 'Referrer' field which we want to use to include Sales people's names, but this hasn't pulled through either upon a form submit. It doesn't even pull the default value through... What could be going wrong? 

pastedImage_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Because you're not actually using the form embed code, but rather IFRAMEing a Marketo LP inside that page.

And the code on the outer page isn't forwarding all the UTMs to the inner IFRAME:

pastedImage_1.png

You should set up those Hidden fields as Referrer params in this case, not URL params.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Does that field appear in the detail of the Filled Out Form activity in the Activity Log? (Fields appear there even if they are blocked from updates.)

What kind of debugging have you done on the client side to see if the hidden fields were added?

What's your URL?

Carly_Stevens2
Level 2

Can see the field in the fill out form activity - but not that it's been populated via the URL. I used 'None' as the default value for referrer, so can see it's pulled that in.

Can't see it in the URL below, but this was the one I used:

URL was this: https://www.hitwise.com/en/gated/2019-holidays-unwrapped-webinar/?UTM_Source=Nurture&UTM_SFDCID=7011... 

Capture.PNG

SanfordWhiteman

Because you're not actually using the form embed code, but rather IFRAMEing a Marketo LP inside that page.

And the code on the outer page isn't forwarding all the UTMs to the inner IFRAME:

pastedImage_1.png

You should set up those Hidden fields as Referrer params in this case, not URL params.

Carly_Stevens2
Level 2

You're the best, thanks! That worked..