SOLVED

Where do I find my CNAME, SPF, and DKIM to change the info in the Set-up steps

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I find my CNAME, SPF, and DKIM to change the info in the Set-up steps

Good Afternoon,

I hope all is well. I am the chief, cook, and bottle washer for my company and today the IT, net work administrator and all sorts of other fancy titles I learned today. I'm trying to go through and complete the steps in the set-up steps document. I have no idea where to find the Cname to change, as well as the SPF and DKIM. I have my CNAME, Landing Page Account string, email tracking link and from domains all ready to go. But them the instruction say sent that to your IT or Network Admin dude (implying they will know what to do). I do not know why to do. Got any bones you can through my way?

Also on the landing pages - edit settings - they ask for a fall back page. Do I just put my company domain here?

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Sincerely,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Where do I find my CNAME, SPF, and DKIM to change the info in the Set-up steps

Customize Your Landing Page URLs with a CNAME - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

As Sanford says, the main parts are on the DNS record. Then you can plug in the items into Admin > Landing Page; Admin > Email > DKIM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Where do I find my CNAME, SPF, and DKIM to change the info in the Set-up steps

I have my CNAME, Landing Page Account string, email tracking link and from domains all ready to go. But them the instruction say sent that to your IT or Network Admin dude (implying they will know what to do).

The reason some steps are entrusted to IT is they have to be done outside of Marketo in your DNS control panel/zonefile, which most Marketo admins cannot access.  Do you have access to manage your company's DNS?

Also on the landing pages - edit settings - they ask for a fall back page. Do I just put my company domain here?

It could be your generic homepage at http://www.example.com, but I recommend sending people to a page with a form, since they will only hit the fallback if they go to a nonexistent LP (which means they more than likely were supposed to hit a page with a form).

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Customize Your Landing Page URLs with a CNAME - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

As Sanford says, the main parts are on the DNS record. Then you can plug in the items into Admin > Landing Page; Admin > Email > DKIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

O.K. I think I might be on the right track. TO answer your questions, yes I have access to everything. So DNS would be like go daddy right? If I have my domain and website hosted through them, I need to go to my account there and do some of this stuff. Is there a Marketo IT customer service, I.e. someone I can call real quick and knock this stuff out?

Thank you for your help

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is there a Marketo IT customer service, I.e. someone I can call real quick and knock this stuff out?

This is outside of the scope of what Marketo Support will do for you.  You can try to post screenshots of GoDaddy and go back-and-forth on the Community, or hire anyone who has the time for 1/2h-1h to do it for you.