SOLVED

When I update a list, will it automaticlly update in a scheduled campagin?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

For example, today I scheduled to send out an email campaign to a audience List A by this Friday. We assume there are 100 leads in List A today. Also assume that I will add 10 new leads into database (List A) before Friday. How many leads will receive the email on Firday? 100 leads or 110 leads? When I update a list, will it automaticlly update in a scheduled campagin?

I assume the anwser is "Yes", but would like to double check.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When I update a list, will it automaticlly update in a scheduled campagin?

Sounds like you are talking about adding names to a static list, which is also being used in a smart campaign to which you will be blasting out an email.

In the scenario you described above, 110 leads will be on track to receive the email.  So the short answer is, yes, any names you add to a static list will then be added to qualify for any smart campaign targeting that list.  

One way to confirm this is to just go to the Schedule tab on your smart campaign and see how many names will pop up in the "Set to Affect" line after you've added new names to your static list.  The Schedule tab should reflect all new names as soon as they have been uploaded to your list.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

If you're using Smart Lists, then yes! Info is automatically updated and people are added to the smart lists as they fulfill the criteria.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you are talking about adding names to a static list, which is also being used in a smart campaign to which you will be blasting out an email.

In the scenario you described above, 110 leads will be on track to receive the email.  So the short answer is, yes, any names you add to a static list will then be added to qualify for any smart campaign targeting that list.  

One way to confirm this is to just go to the Schedule tab on your smart campaign and see how many names will pop up in the "Set to Affect" line after you've added new names to your static list.  The Schedule tab should reflect all new names as soon as they have been uploaded to your list.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Smart Lists in campaigns only run at the time scheduled (or time of execution). Nate would be correct there.

So if the campaign runs at 1pm on Friday, anyone added to the list at 1:00:01 will NOT be included.