Re: What would cause a form not to always show up on an external web page?

Anita_Singh7
Level 1

What would cause a form not to always show up on an external web page?

Hi there,

We are running into a really serious situation with our unsubscribe page where the form doesn't always load for people who are looking to unsubscribe. I haven't ever experienced this issue myself but I've seen numerous screenshots from others. Our unsubscribe page is a Drupal page that has a Marketo form embedded. The form is 4 years old.

Here's the page: https://www.rocketsoftware.com/unsubscribe

We don't have this issue with any new landing pages that I've seen built out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Anita

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Mark_Price
Level 7

If someone is using Ghostery or a privacy plugin it can block the Marketo JS and not load the form. Is it possible the people reporting the issue are using such a browser extension?

Anita_Singh7
Level 1

Unfortunately, my web team has pinpointed the issue to be when Marketo is down. It's up 99.9% of the time. However, that 0.1% we do run into instances of people trying to get to our unsubscribe form (I've been told it actually is all the forms going down, but those that don't want our emails get frustrated by it).

Is there a way that Marketo can show a temporary not available page whenever the server for our forms is down?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

How have they proven this claim?

And you shouldn't be loading from //app-aba.marketo.com, as Mark said, you should be loading from //landing.pages.example.com (your Marketo LP domain) provided your LP domain supports SSL.

Anita_Singh7
Level 1

They built a way to ping the Marketo server every 3 min to see if it's live or not. We've been having constant problems where people can't see the form on our unsubscribe page that we've been getting a lot of voiced frustrations over. They see that Marketo can have a down time 6 out of 7 days a week. It's not for a long time, usually about 3 min. I signed up for DownNotifer for this instance and so far the only emails I've received haven't been from that but from the system my web team has put into place for monitoring. They told me that it's actually up 99.9% of the time, but we seem to have the unfortunate luck of people unsubscribing in that window of it not being up.

SanfordWhiteman

I signed up for DownNotifer for this instance and so far the only emails I've received haven't been from that but from the system my web team has put into place for monitoring

Don't you find that contradictory? Why would their "way to ping" show downtime but a professional monitoring app not show it? What exactly is their magic method doing?

In any case you should have switched your embed code to use your Marketo LP domain //pages.example.com and be monitoring that form endpoint.

SanfordWhiteman

Is there a way that Marketo can show a temporary not available page whenever the server for our forms is down?

If a server is actually down, it can't show anything.