SOLVED

Re: What should be the best way to set-up complex webinar invites, split by region time-zone?

Go to solution
Mihai_Bejgu
Level 3

What should be the best way to set-up complex webinar invites, split by region time-zone?

Hi,

When I usually set up Webinar Events in Marketo, I need to create several Smart Campaigns to sync the forms with Marketo/SFDC, mark registrants, etc.
One of the smart campaigns contain the email invite with the reminder nurture stream flow. My challenge is now to set up the email invites to deploy based on Region Time Zones. Can anyone tell me how can I define the deployment per time zone, for a complex campaign (if the original program is not created as an email campaign)?

Best regards,
Mihai
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should be the best way to set-up complex webinar invites, split by region time-zone?

Here's the first thing I thought of. And this would be a work around... I'm not sure if there is a setting within marketo. But I know goto meeting allows you to do this nativly. 

BUT!

Well... You could run a few smart lists by state.

Name the lists as "time zones” But the lists would be "if the person is in... (a list of states) then throw them in a CT time zone list. Do that for each time zone and when you build out your smart campaign you can then adjust the time accordingly. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the first thing I thought of. And this would be a work around... I'm not sure if there is a setting within marketo. But I know goto meeting allows you to do this nativly. 

BUT!

Well... You could run a few smart lists by state.

Name the lists as "time zones” But the lists would be "if the person is in... (a list of states) then throw them in a CT time zone list. Do that for each time zone and when you build out your smart campaign you can then adjust the time accordingly. 

Mihai_Bejgu
Level 3

Thank you for the advice. I will try that, but I was expecting a faster way 🙂

One more thing: do you have any idea on how to set Subject line A/B testing in the same type of campaign (considering that the split per region has also been implemented).

I'm still waiting for other suggestions if there are any on the time zone set-up.

Many thanks,
Mihai
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could use the Random Sample filter. Just make it 50% or whatever sample you would like to test of that list. 

Yeah, i'm not sure if there is an easlier way. Ive never needed to do that before 😕
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are several earlier threads on this. It would be better to divide people into a Segment in a Segmentation based on Country/Inferred Country and/or State.

Then you can run separate flows by Region at the local times you want. You can also try to run this in one flow:

If Region = Americas, Send Email
Wait 12 hours
If Region = Asia, Send Email

the thing to watch out for is to make sure there is no overlap between regions, otherwise someone could get the email twice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with Josh. I'd create a segmentation per timezone you want to Highlight. Then "IF Segment" is "Eastern Standard" then send email. Wait 3 hrs, "If Segment" is "Pacific Standard" then send email, Wait 6 hrs, If Segment is APAC, etc.