Re: What's the solution for SFDC field updates lagging behind Insight Sales template field merges because of sync delay?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the solution for SFDC field updates lagging behind Insight Sales template field merges because of sync delay?

Hello,

My sales team keeps running into a sync lag time between their field edits in SFDC records and sending a follow up Insight Sales template w/field merges. For example - They'll speak to a lead on the phone while updating their SFDC record. They hang up the phone, send a follow-up Inisight Sales email template, but the sync time causes:
  • no email to be sent
  • OR the updated fields do not merge correctly.
Is there some way to create a "wait" period to allow for the sync lag - 5 minutes - with Salesforce

The only think I can think of is to create separate "Add to Campaign" for every rep and sales template but that seems rather combersome.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Lynn Ray
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's the solution for SFDC field updates lagging behind Insight Sales template field merges because of sync delay?

Yeah, the Add to Campaign option was the only one I could think of. You won't be able to get in the middle of a Sales Insight email being fired, so there's no way to insert a wait step without changing how they send those emails. If you go the Add to Campaign route, could you not just use a single template that populates sales rep info via tokens?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for responding, Drew. With all of your MKOT experience, would you anticipate any conflcts with setting up 10 different "Add to Campaigns" for each of the approximately 10 (sales) email templates that are regularly used?  We don't currently have any other "add to campaigns" running.

(BTW, my husband is at UT/Austin getting his doctorate in Jazz (guitar) performance, composition and arranging.  I love visiting him there 'cuz Austin is awesome!)
Lynn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I can't imagine any issues there. They'll just have to make extra sure they select the right campaign from the list. We do plenty of that and I just make sure to name the campaign so it's obvious which is which.

And yeah, Austin's the best. UT has a great music school, and we've got a TON of live music around here, so he's in the right spot for sure.