SOLVED

What's the different between Track Link and Include mkt_tok?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the different between Track Link and Include mkt_tok?

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can confirm what the difference is between Track Link and Include mtk_tok, when adding a hyperlink to an email. I believe track link will track the email click through in the email performance report and mtk_tok will track the activity back to the lead. Is this correct?

If so, then if Include mtk_tok is not checked and Track Link is checked, will the click through will be tracked, but if you have any triggered smart campaigns based on Email Click Through, then leads will not be added because the activity is not tracked. Is this correct?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: What's the different between Track Link and Include mkt_tok?

No, that's not correct. 

You really should search the community because this has been asked and answered (with varying degrees of accuracy) many times.  I don't want to reprint an answer here so check this discussion: Re: What's the use of mkt_tok in emails?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: What's the different between Track Link and Include mkt_tok?

No, that's not correct. 

You really should search the community because this has been asked and answered (with varying degrees of accuracy) many times.  I don't want to reprint an answer here so check this discussion: Re: What's the use of mkt_tok in emails?