SOLVED

Re: What's the best Wordpress form builder for working with Marketo forms?

Go to solution
Dawn_Smith1
Level 2

What's the best Wordpress form builder for working with Marketo forms?

Our site is built on Wordpress, and currently we use Marketo forms on our site in one of 2 ways: either simply using the supplied embed code for the form, or where we need specific behaviour we have had our dev agency build a custom page template where a form is hard-coded and submitted via the Marketo API. 

We're looking for a bit more flexibility in how we use forms on our site, though. The site is largely managed by content editors who have some UX background, but are not devs by any means, so customizing the embed codes of forms to, for example, go to a different thank you page than our global form preset isn't an option for them. Going to our agency to build us a custom template each time slows down projects and requires budget for the work. So we're considering using one of the form builder plugins available that connect with Marketo. I know that Contact Form 7 and Gravity Forms both can with additional plugins to connect to the API. Are there any others out there that I'm missing? Is there one that's recommended over others?

Tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Our site is built on Wordpress, and currently we use Marketo forms on our site in one of 2 ways: either simply using the supplied embed code for the form, or where we need specific behaviour we have had our dev agency build a custom page template where a form is hard-coded and submitted via the Marketo API. 

The Marketo Forms 2.0 JS API? (I hope so.)

We're looking for a bit more flexibility in how we use forms on our site, though. The site is largely managed by content editors who have some UX background, but are not devs by any means, so customizing the embed codes of forms to, for example, go to a different thank you page than our global form preset isn't an option for them. Going to our agency to build us a custom template each time slows down projects and requires budget for the work. So we're considering using one of the form builder plugins available that connect with Marketo. I know that Contact Form 7 and Gravity Forms both can with additional plugins to connect to the API. Are there any others out there that I'm missing? Is there one that's recommended over others?

There’s no need for a separate form builder here. If you want a different Thank You URL, you can have that be a simple page variable/custom field which can be easily set by your editors. (If it’s blank, then the default URL from Form Editor is used.) This just takes a little bit of static JavaScript that exists on every page and never needs to be touched again.

View solution in original post

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Dawn_Smith1 , it is VERY new.  I've not fully tested or proven it yet (am in the middle of evaluating for a couple of clients)

https://www.crmperks.com/plugins/gravity-forms-plugins/gravity-forms-marketo/

And to be clear, I didn't create this plug in or get any kick back from mentioning it.

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

The Marketo Forms 2.0 JS API? (I hope so.)

There’s no need for a separate form builder here. If you want a different Thank You URL, you can have that be a simple page variable/custom field which can be easily set by your editors. (If it’s blank, then the default URL from Form Editor is used.) This just takes a little bit of static JavaScript that exists on every page and never needs to be touched again.

Dawn_Smith1
Level 2

If you want a different Thank You URL, you can have that be a simple page variable which can be easily set by your editors. (If it’s blank, then the default URL from Form Editor is used.) This just takes a little bit of static JavaScript that exists on every page and never needs to be touched again.

How is the page variable set?

SanfordWhiteman

How is the page variable set?

CSS Tricks has a great rundown of custom fields and how they’d be deployed and used for this.

Dawn_Smith1
Level 2

Oh! Using a custom field in WP. Sorry, I thought you were talking about in the Marketo form somehow 🤪

Jo_Pitts1

@Dawn_Smith1 ,

if you choose to go down the Form Builder route, Gravity has a plug in that connects to Marketo forms (so you create a dummy Marketo form, and Gravity submits through that).  

This is better than going through the API as it means you get to trigger journeys off form fills etc.

Cheers

Jo

Dawn_Smith1
Level 2

Thanks Jo. Do you happen to have a link to that? I've found a few different add-ons for Gravity and Marketo but don't recall any of them mentioning that as a feature.

Jo_Pitts1

@Dawn_Smith1 , it is VERY new.  I've not fully tested or proven it yet (am in the middle of evaluating for a couple of clients)

https://www.crmperks.com/plugins/gravity-forms-plugins/gravity-forms-marketo/

And to be clear, I didn't create this plug in or get any kick back from mentioning it.

Cheers

Jo

Dawn_Smith1
Level 2

Thanks, I appreciate it! This was one of the ones that came up in my searches.