Re: what's the best way to send form results by email, not going into Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

what's the best way to send form results by email, not going into Salesforce

We are trying to build a form to be used as a survey, but I want to send those form results by email, or generate an excel. I don't want to pass to Salesforce.
Would that be Leads by Campaign report?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: what's the best way to send form results by email, not going into Salesforce

You could do this in a variety of ways. It's probably better to run a smart list and export that.

Filled Out Form IS X
Date Range=

Then create a View that displays the fields you'd like to export.

If you wanted to do this automatically, you could do a Lead Performance report and modify the Smart List as above. But your fields won't be controllable as they would be in a smart list. Then create a subscription for that report.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe Marketo forms won't be the best option for your survey. I might be wrong but I assume you are creating fields in Marketo that you can then use to collect the survey date in a form.

1. It won't be a good idea to create fields in Marketo just for one survey unless the the data collected will influence the quality and scoring the lead. I would not recommend polute the leads databse with one time fields for a survey.

2. All forms in marketo have to be indetifiable which means that you need to add an email address to your form. Do you need t collect data anonimosly?

3. Depending of how leads are sent to the CRM your form leads might stay only in Marketo or not. However the point of Marketo is to qualify leads and send the to the CRM. if your ultimate goal for the survey is not generate or qualify leads, you should not use Marketo.

If this is not the case and you still see the need to use Marketo for this survey I recommend working with a developer that can build a form that can be process separetely and then send the information back to Marketo using the API. http://ahmeddirie.com/technology/web-development/submitting-leads-to-marketos-soap-api-using-php/ 

If you only need to send the data to an email maybe a simple form to email service will be enough. http://formtoemail.com/

Hope it helps
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer guys. Both were useful. It's a contest so I agree it should go to CRM. But in this case, what I will do is create a form on an external service like you suggested and embed that form into my Marketo page.

Regarding the report, I managed to get only the report I want using Smart List: and choosing Filled Out Form > Form name is > Name of my form. But this report shows me the Total of Leads that filled out that campaign. How do I list those result fields?