SOLVED

Re: what's better? creating 3 campaigns in sfdc vs. creating one program in Marketo?

Go to solution
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

what's better? creating 3 campaigns in sfdc vs. creating one program in Marketo?

My colleage created 3 campaigns in SFDC for 3 different segments offering the same product and is the same channel which she labeled integrated.  These 3 campaigns are suppose to sync to a Marketo program/campaign and each segment has their own corresponding email.  

Is it better to just combine the 3 campaigns into 1 in SFDC and have it sync to Marketo program, then segment the lists in the program, and have the one channel that should really be more of an email channel since there's really no integration with telemarketers, banner ad, nor brochure? Then send out one email campaign and have the option for the 3 different lists to receive their corresponding email?

Otherwise, I'd have to create 3 different programs and sync it to the 3 campaigns in SFDC. I thought it would be nicer to see all the stats in one program.  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what's better? creating 3 campaigns in sfdc vs. creating one program in Marketo?

Simpler is better IMO.  

I would vote to have 1 Program in Marketo and 1 Campaign in Salesforce.  In your Send Email outbound campaign, you could just use the Add Choice functionality to send 3 different emails based on certain criteria.

The thought of having 3 separate Campaigns in Salesforce for 1 singular Marketing effort doesn't make sense for me - you would never have multiple Campaigns for 1 Webinar just because some people who register for the webinar have a C-Level title and others are Students.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simpler is better IMO.  

I would vote to have 1 Program in Marketo and 1 Campaign in Salesforce.  In your Send Email outbound campaign, you could just use the Add Choice functionality to send 3 different emails based on certain criteria.

The thought of having 3 separate Campaigns in Salesforce for 1 singular Marketing effort doesn't make sense for me - you would never have multiple Campaigns for 1 Webinar just because some people who register for the webinar have a C-Level title and others are Students.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thanks Kyle.  A couple of people are doing this in my company now and I thought it didn't make any sense, I just want to make sure that I wasn't making the wrong assumptions.  So thanks for your input!