Re: What Project Management Tools Do You Use?

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

What Project Management Tools Do You Use?

I am looking for a new project management tool for our marketing department, was wondering what tools other marketers are using to run projects and get things done.

We are currently using Wrike, it worked pretty well for us for a few years, but our team grew a lot since we first got it and the current functionality they have doesn't fully satisfy our needs. We are currently looking into Wrike Enterprise edition and a few other tools on the market.

Would love to hear what other people are using

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used Wrike. It's good, but yes, you will definitely out grow its regular version -- and it's good you are look at the Enterprise version. I like it.

Jira is good -- but very Enterprise oriented.

Check out Zoho -- it integrates well with it's other tools, but you might not use their tools.

Check out Trello - many people like it but it does have it's own way of managing projects.

---------

PS: This is not a Marketo Endorsement -- Just my opinion. : )

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We use JIRA, and being a former PM I'm not a huge fan.  It's very enterprise oriented as Scott Wilder​ mentioned.

Over the past 5 years as a PM with another company, I utilized linked MS Project files and Mantis (open source) Bug Tracker as my tools of choice, but know there are newer better options out there.  It's just a matter of preference and budget...

As of late there are several online tools I've seen and demo-ed such as Kapost, where you can 'hand-off' and comment on tasks and deliverables within these online tools.

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

We use Breeze (www.breeze.pm) , which is a lot like Jira, but lighter.

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Thanks a lot for your replies, I'll look into the tools you mentioned.

In addition to Wrike various departments in our org used/are still using Jira, Assembla and Basecamp.

Agree, Jira is too enterprisey; Assembla is mostly geared towards software development processes; Basecamp at the time had even less functionality than Wrike.

Has anyone used Aha! ? One of my team members is pretty excited about it

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

I'm posting this discussion here since it relates: Marketo - In house project management tool

Tom Kerlin