Re: What is the Web Activity tab in Sales Insight in Salesforce supposed to include ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the Web Activity tab in Sales Insight in Salesforce supposed to include ?

Is the Web Activity tab in Sales Insight supposed to show:
a) The Web Activity for all leads, both anon and known
b) The Web Activity for any leads which are in Best Bets
c) The Web Activity for any leads which are in my Watch list
d) None of the above

I am finding it hard to find any documentation on this. I hope somebody can help.
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the Web Activity tab in Sales Insight in Salesforce supposed to include ?

I thought, and I could be wrong, that this was all web activity for leads/contacts that were owned by whoever was logged into Salesforce. So, if I'm rep A, I would see any activity for my leads/contacts that show rep A as the lead/contact owner.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that was the case, why do I only see 6 items in Web Activity tab ?
I have thousands of leads owned by me who have been on our website.
Amber_Hobson

Did you look at the date range set up? I know that when I go into it, I have to set it to 14 days back to see anything and the only ones that come up are a couple that are owned by me instead of one of our sales reps. I can check one of my reps later this afternoon to verify.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It was my understanding this would only show you web pages visited by Leads you Own.

Anonymous data is shown under Anonymous tab and is based on Company Web Activity data.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would make sense that Anonymous Web Activity tab would show web activity for anonymous leads (which it does) and Web Activity tab should show web activity for leads I own (which it doesn't for all leads). I notice that some of my leads are shown, but I know of others which I know have visited our website, but these are not being shown in the Web Activity tab. Maybe it is a bug ?
Amber_Hobson

There are also other factors. If they looked at it from a different IP address that wasn't the one Marketo has cookied, then that can throw it off, for example.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think IP address is relavent, because when we look at the Marketo section in the Salesforce lead, it shows that the lead visited our web site on 11th Feb. So, the same web activity info should be visible when looking at Web Activity tab using the Marketo tab in Salesforce, where ALL leads should be shown. Clearly something is not working as it should in our system.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same question. Why cant I see all my leads/contacts under the web activity tab that have been on the website. I know that there are a lot of leads/contacts that are visiting our website, but Sales Insight just give me a couple of leads, which makes no sense. Can somebody help?
jsharaf
Level 1

I am experiencing this same thing, 7 years later (!!) and can't find anything in the documentation or in the community about it.

Summary: Web Activity in MSI shows up for specific leads on the MSI widget on the  lead record itself. But when I go to the MSI App/Tab (not associated with a specific Object), that same Lead does not show up in the Web Activity list.

I thought it had to do with Ownership of the Lead, but that doesnt appear to be the case, as my Sales VP can see web activity from records both owned by him and not owned by him, but this particular lead (and others) do not show up in his list.. I, as an admin, with the highest role, cannot see anything at all under Web Activity.

Anyone have an answer?