Re: What is mapping for Salesforce Org that have enabled feature 'Country & State Pick List '

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is mapping for Salesforce Org that have enabled feature 'Country & State Pick List '

I am preparring to enable feature 'Country and State Pick List' in salesforce. Taking in consideration that Standard Field Country is mapped with MArketo DB my concern is how new standard Field Contry_Code is going to be mapped and how maintenance is going to work from Marketo forms when Country_Code field is used. 

Would you be able to clarify what is going to be result in salesforce for field Country if I have Form that use Country_Code field.

My Address Setup in Salesforce is going to be:
Country Name (Display value): Canada
Country Code (new field Country_Code): CA
Integration Value (old field Country): CAN

EX: Choseing form value Canada will result in salesforce as:
Country=
Country_Code=

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is mapping for Salesforce Org that have enabled feature 'Country & State Pick List '

Hi Nash-
I have the same concern as I think that the SFDC field would change type - which would affect the connection to the existing field and we're anxious to make this change but I can't have any issues with the MKTO connection.  If you hear or know of any more details, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brigid
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have logged case about this discussion and there is explanation from Support (Lucas Pollard )

Hey Nash, so here's the scoop! 

Basically, when you enable this new field in SFDC, it will create a new field in Marketo, with all the appropriate values accessible. 

We can remap this to the existing Address field in Marketo after the March release (there's currently a bug within our mapping tool). 

However, once this field is mapped, it will most likely destroy the old values from the previous country field.

You will then need to update this new country field by a) importing updates via excel, if you find that to be something you can do, or b) you can create a series of smart campaigns to change the values. 

In the smart campaign, you'd want to filter off of the current country/state value, and use a change data value to update the new values. 

There will be some work involved, getting this all set up, but once you've made the updates, it should be automatic. 

I hope this helps Nash, thank you!