Re: What happens if you change the stream cadence in an active engagement program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if you change the stream cadence in an active engagement program?

I have an active engagement program with a stream cadence of Wed at 8am every 2 weeks. What happens if I change the stream cadence to be Tues at 8am every 2 weeks? When will the next cast will be? I could imagine a few different senarios:

Let me give a specific example:
- Stream cadence is set to Wed, 8am, every 2 weeks.
- Cast goes out on Wed, August 7 at 8am
- On Friday, August 9, the stream cadence is changed to Tues, 8am, every 2 weeks

When will the next cast go out?
A) On Tues, Aug 13  (this is the first Tues and the timing was reset when stream cadence changed)
B) On Tues, Aug 20  (would love it to be this, but it is 2 weeks - 1 day from last cast)
C) On Tues, Aug 27 (the next Tues after at least 2 weeks from prior cast)

I am not sure how the calculation is made for the next cast...anyone know?
Thanks!
Sheila

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What happens if you change the stream cadence in an active engagement program?

Great question, following this
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steven, FYI you can subscribe to an individual discussion thread by clicking the 'subscribe to thsi discussion' at the top right. In case you don't want to post!

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

And the answer is.......

A) On Tues, Aug 13  (this is the first Tues and the timing was reset when stream cadence changed)

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you change the cadence, couldn't you specify the first cast date/time to be whichever Tuesday you want?

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

Absolutely correct. It's beneficial since you can push a cast forward to 'skip' a period of time, or retroactively set the first cast to a previous date to fine-tune the timing