SOLVED

What happens if I don't use a constraint date of the activity in a trigger?

Go to solution
Fabiannb
Level 2

What happens if I don't use a constraint date of the activity in a trigger?

I was creating a smart campaign so when I start to create the Smart list I add the trigger below:

Screenshot_4.png

However, I asked myself What happens if I don't use a constraint date of the activity in a trigger?

There are 2 options for this question:

1. Start affecting people once is turned on
  2. Pulled all people who have an Abandoned Card ID not empty in this case

If the answer is option 1. What should I do to pull up all the people who has abandoned cart id not empty ever?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: What happens if I don't use a constraint date of the activity in a trigger?

Trigger, as the name suggests fires only when the respective activity occurs (in this case, a record gets added to the AbandonedCart CO with non-empty Abandoned Cart Id and Item Name values). The "Date of Actvity" constraint would make sense when used with the "Min. Number of Times" constraint, i.e. check if the activity has occured at least x number times within the Date of Actvity time period when the triggering activity occurs.

If you'd like to update the people already having CO records, you'd need to set it up as a batch campaign. There are couple of filters that you can use per your case -

1. "Was Added to AdbandonedCart" CO, and add the "Abandoned Cart Id" constraint set to not empty, this will pull all the people to whom the AdbandonedCart CO record was added with non-empty "Abandoned Cart Id" value.
  2. "Has AdbandonedCart" CO, and add the "Abandoned Cart Id" constraint set to not empty, this will pull all the people currently having AdbandonedCart CO record with non-empty "Abandoned Cart Id" value.

As a rule of thumb, remember, trigger fires only when the respective triggering activity occurs (i.e., it is always forward looking), if you want the campaign to act on the data which is already present or the activity that has already occured, you'd always want to set it up as a batch campaign with apropriate filters.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: What happens if I don't use a constraint date of the activity in a trigger?

Trigger, as the name suggests fires only when the respective activity occurs (in this case, a record gets added to the AbandonedCart CO with non-empty Abandoned Cart Id and Item Name values). The "Date of Actvity" constraint would make sense when used with the "Min. Number of Times" constraint, i.e. check if the activity has occured at least x number times within the Date of Actvity time period when the triggering activity occurs.

If you'd like to update the people already having CO records, you'd need to set it up as a batch campaign. There are couple of filters that you can use per your case -

1. "Was Added to AdbandonedCart" CO, and add the "Abandoned Cart Id" constraint set to not empty, this will pull all the people to whom the AdbandonedCart CO record was added with non-empty "Abandoned Cart Id" value.
  2. "Has AdbandonedCart" CO, and add the "Abandoned Cart Id" constraint set to not empty, this will pull all the people currently having AdbandonedCart CO record with non-empty "Abandoned Cart Id" value.

As a rule of thumb, remember, trigger fires only when the respective triggering activity occurs (i.e., it is always forward looking), if you want the campaign to act on the data which is already present or the activity that has already occured, you'd always want to set it up as a batch campaign with apropriate filters.