SOLVED

Re: What good is {{form.NotYou}} ??

Go to solution
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

What good is {{form.NotYou}} ??

Hi there -

Just did a test using this token and I'm not sure of the value of it.

I clicked on an email and went to a page. The page recognized a token and skipped the form for Custom HTML and said "Hi, Fake Person, thanks for clicking" (not exactly, I'm making an example. I have a workflow that says "If Visits Page then If Not Fills Out Form Change Data Value." So it immediately kicked that off.

I clicked the form.NotYou link and changed my information. When I looked in the Activity Log, both Fake Person and Real Person were still listed as members of program, still scored, etc.

When I went in as Fake Person, there was no button to push as a follow up to confirm I am me.

So what's the benefit of this token? It seems like it's just going to process two leads regardless. It doesn't undo the work being done on the Fake Lead record and move it over to Real Lead.

Robb Barrett
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

{{form.Not You}} has a distinct goal.  In case the human lead looking at the page doesn't recognize the lead associated with the current cookie, it creates a new Munchkin cookie and refreshes the form, simulating an initial browser session.  It isn't meant to undo the association of the activities done under the previous cookie.  That's a different aim which is accomplished with the Associate Lead API(s).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

{{form.Not You}} has a distinct goal.  In case the human lead looking at the page doesn't recognize the lead associated with the current cookie, it creates a new Munchkin cookie and refreshes the form, simulating an initial browser session.  It isn't meant to undo the association of the activities done under the previous cookie.  That's a different aim which is accomplished with the Associate Lead API(s).