What does everyone do with their anonymous visitor data?

adele_briggs
Level 3

What does everyone do with their anonymous visitor data?

We are just starting to investigate the anonymous data reports, and looking at the best way to process these.

What is the best practice here?

We are thinking to just export the data and sort by the most pages visited to target with calls.

Thanks

Adele

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: What does everyone do with their anonymous visitor data?

Well, you can analyze the anonymous traffic, and use the analyses as an input for creating the web personalization for your target audience factoring in the Geography, Industry, etc. of the anonymous visitors on your website. By implementing and adding in a real-time personalization to your webpages, there's a higher chance that people will engage with you/your marketing content and eventually become a known person, i.e. more inbound prospects!  The entire process of web personalization may require little effort to implement and sustain over the time, but it'll give visitors the impression of a personalized experience and better chances of them engaging with you.

And, if you already have the WP in place, you can fine tune/adjust your WP strategy and implementation based on the anon visitor data to increase their (relevant anonymous visitors) chances of becoming a known person with a better and more personalized experience. 

adele_briggs
Level 3

Thank you, I have seen advise around this topic, which I will do some more research on.

It may be something we can add into our current CMS.

I'm thinking of maybe pre that, and a quick win.

I can see that I can schedule a report to be sent which will provide the data, and then just putting the ones which higher page views and people as a potential to call.

Is there any other way to get the data into salesforce, other than importing them into a campaign?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I would follow campaign approach, since the lead is anonymous - there aren't many options available IMO.