SOLVED

Re: What data is shared from Marketo via Adbridge?

Go to solution
Nerea_Eguia1
Level 3

What data is shared from Marketo via Adbridge?

Hello community, 

We are checking the possibility of using adbridge in order to send leads from Marketo to Facebook (for instance) in order to create ads for custom audiences. However, we have doubts on the GDPR side: 

Which data is shared between Marketo and Facebook in this case? Is it the ID or is it the email, name etc.?

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Following details are shared with the facebook via the adbridge when you send audience data over to Facebook.

First Name, Last Name, Company, TItle, Email Address, Phone Number.

Also the Adbridge is GDPR complaint. I even re-checked with the Marketo Support! 🙂

View solution in original post

Karl-Heinz_Tha1
Level 2

I don't agree that the adbridge functionality is GDPR compliant!

The reason is simple: Adbridge is a functionality with which you can share data with Facebook for example. 

But GDPR requires that you have the consent from a person to be allowed to share the data. 

Adbridge itself doesn't help you getting the consent and that means you have to take care to get the consent before you can share the data!

So just saying that adbridge is GDPR compliant can't be correct

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Darshil_Shah1

Following details are shared with the facebook via the adbridge when you send audience data over to Facebook.

First Name, Last Name, Company, TItle, Email Address, Phone Number.

Also the Adbridge is GDPR complaint. I even re-checked with the Marketo Support! 🙂

Darshil_Shah1

@Nerea_Eguia1Kindly accept the solution when you have time thanks 🙂

Nerea_Eguia1
Level 3

Accepted and thank you Darshil! As far as I know, this information that goes from Marketo to Facebook is encrypted, right? 

Thank you!

Darshil_Shah1

Yep you need not worry about encryption. Marketo applies high-grade TLS encryption to all data-in-transit through the use of HTTPS connections for all Marketo instances across all subscriptions. You may refer this for the detailed view of how marketo is built for GDPR compliance. 😉

Also thanks for accpetance 🙂

Nerea_Eguia1
Level 3

Thank you very much Darshil! 

Darshil_Shah1

Never an issue. Glad that I could help you! 🙂

Karl-Heinz_Tha1
Level 2

I don't agree that the adbridge functionality is GDPR compliant!

The reason is simple: Adbridge is a functionality with which you can share data with Facebook for example. 

But GDPR requires that you have the consent from a person to be allowed to share the data. 

Adbridge itself doesn't help you getting the consent and that means you have to take care to get the consent before you can share the data!

So just saying that adbridge is GDPR compliant can't be correct

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: I don't agree that the adbridge functionality is GDPR compliant!

Old post, but I agree with you, Karl-Heinz!

People sometimes use "GDPR compliant" to mean "does not specifically subvert your attempts to be GDPR compliant," which isn't at all the same.