Re: What are the major differences(pros/cons) between deleting and archiving programs?

Sean_Kennedy
Level 1

What are the major differences(pros/cons) between deleting and archiving programs?

We are looking to speed up our Marketo instance by deleting and/or archiving programs. First off, will this even help with speeding up our instance? If so, is it more beneficial in regards to speed, to delete programs instead of archiving them? I know that deleted programs cannot be restored, but beyond that, what are all of the limitations that I can expect to find when deleting programs? And same question for when I archive them?

1 REPLY 1
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What are the major differences(pros/cons) between deleting and archiving programs?

Sean,

Deleting programs and their assets also removes program reporting and membership stats. It is strongly urged to deactivate campaigns local to programs and archive the programs over deleting them.

If you need to speed up your instance, I would instead focus more on unused trigger campaigns or triggered campaigns qualifying too many people than deleting programs.