SOLVED

Re: What are the ideal steps when UPDATING your Revenue Cycle Modeler?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the ideal steps when UPDATING your Revenue Cycle Modeler?

We currently have a working Revenue Cycle Modeler, but have now updated our stages and transition requirements. What are the best steps to updating our current Modeler without causing any unnecessary impact to the database? Should I clone and update a new model, and simply turn the current one off and activate the new modeler? All suggestions welcomed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you look at the docs, it does say you can edit the RCM and then save it. This is fine.

The challenge is your lifecycle system will need adjustment to the campaigns, then you will need to move leads to the new stages. Your data will also be thrown off for a bit depending on the number of leads impacted.

• Edit RCM in Draft
  • Add required campaigns
  • use smart lists to determine if any leads need to move to new Stages.
  • prepare batches to do this.
  • approve RCM and update routing rules.
  • turn on campaign changes
  • batch run lead movements.

I would probably just shut if off and clear their Revenue Stages and start a new one...depends how much work you have and how big the adjustments are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you look at the docs, it does say you can edit the RCM and then save it. This is fine.

The challenge is your lifecycle system will need adjustment to the campaigns, then you will need to move leads to the new stages. Your data will also be thrown off for a bit depending on the number of leads impacted.

• Edit RCM in Draft
  • Add required campaigns
  • use smart lists to determine if any leads need to move to new Stages.
  • prepare batches to do this.
  • approve RCM and update routing rules.
  • turn on campaign changes
  • batch run lead movements.

I would probably just shut if off and clear their Revenue Stages and start a new one...depends how much work you have and how big the adjustments are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As always, thank you Josh Hill for your insights.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're looking at doing this as well.  We've changed the model considerably to try to cater for upsell, something Marketo is not great at doing, by tagging on a "customer" pipeline to the lead pipeline.  I have developed this as a new model rather than trying to update the old one, as I intend all of the transitions to be manual and the old model had the transitions in the model as well as in lead lifecycle.

So my question is that if we start with the new, clean model, do we loose all the pipeline velocity data from the old model, even where the stages have the same names? i.e. when the lead entered the stage, how long it was there for, etc?

Josh Hill​ would appreciate your insight if you've done this before?