What are some of your interesting Webhook use cases?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What are some of your interesting Webhook use cases?

Do you have an interesting webhook use case?  Please share any that  you have implemented or plan to implement.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are some of your interesting Webhook use cases?

I have created two just recently

1. Using Twilio to send SMS Arabic formatted payloads to leads in the Middle East.

2. I just made a web hook to call a custom SF APEX webservice to create person accounts.  This was used to bypass the lead conversion requirement as the customer didn't use leads and was not interested in have any data in the SF lead object. Initially, I was hoping that Marketo could have done the whole process directly to SF but due to Marketo's inability to parse the return due to SOAP namespaces, I had to write an additional webservice as an intermediary with a JSON response that could be processed.

3. In the very near future, I am going to have Marketo process SF custom object data via the SF REST API

Cheers,
Eric
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Eric - that's awesome!  Do you think I could use your Webhook call to a SFDC APEX webservice to convert a Lead to a Contact without creating an Opportunity (and Account) as Marketo does using its Convert Lead flow action?

We just implemented a Webhook that requests web domain search metric data from a web service we created that in turn requests the search metric data from a third party provider.  The provider's API couldn't return the data in the JSON format we needed, so that's why we wrote our own webservice as an intemediary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elliot,

Sure, in fact you could do this entire with the standard SF soap api and not have to go the custom APEX route like I did in this case.

Here is the SF article you would need

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Enterprise_Convert_Lead

C
heers,
Eric
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I recently wrote a document which provides complete step-by-step instructions on setting up the following:

(1) Sending a Text Message to a Prospect 60 Minutes prior to a Demo
This builds upon the Twilio integration that has already been discussed, but it's been helpful internally so I thought I would share.

(2) Flag customer inactivity and create a support case in Salesforce

(3) Leverage the advanced duplicate prevention capabilities of RingLead via our webhooks integration.

If interested, you can download the whitepaper here: http://ww2.ringlead.com/CoolThingsYouCanDowithWebhooks_Download_b.html

Best regards,
Joe Fusaro