What are some of your favourite functions in Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What are some of your favourite functions in Marketo?

As I am getting used to the platform, I was hoping to find out from other users which have been the most useful functions in Marketo.

So, tell me, what are your favourite functions or uses in Marketo? And why do you like them?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

19 REPLIES 19
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: What are some of your favourite functions in Marketo?

If you press Ctrl+Shift+M, the screen will flip upside down.

Webhooks are pretty cool too, as they allow integrations with a very large number of web services, but they don't flip your screen upside down.

Philip_Tieu
Level 5

lol Is there a use for this feature or was it just for fun?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I think it's just an easter egg command.  I've never found a practical use for it, but it's been in the app for as long as I can remember.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We need more easter egg features to amuse me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Control+Shift+S is pretty cool if you need something to grab your attention.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hands down, Revenue Cycle Explorer (RCE).  It's Marketo's separate data warehouse and BI tool that is a must have if you want to do any sort of advanced analytics of your leads, programs and campaigns.  There are a few shortcomings and features that I'd like to see - like better charting and dashboarding (it's definitely not a Tableau) - but it's the one tool that I use on a daily basis.  As you may soon experience, the basic reporting in MLM just won't cut it for large, global organizations - in our case, where we have a Marketo environment consisting of 23 workspaces and lead partitions.  RCE doesn't see workspaces, so we're able to run the reports at the global level with ease. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is something I plan on spending more time in for sure.

Reporting functions on both platforms I have now worked in (HubSpot is the other) are lacking in reporting functions - definitely areas for improvement there.

As Demand Generation, we are definitely interested in ROI and attribution so looking forward to seeing how we can build out that functionality in Marketo.

Thanks!

Dan_Stevens_

Stick around, Michelle - you'll learn so much from this community.  A bunch of members that really enjoy sharing best practices, tips, how-tos, and overall advice when faced with a variety of challenges.

Dan_Stevens_

I hear you around reporting capabilities, or the lack thereof.  Here are a couple of ideas that I've submitted recently that you might find interesting: