Re: Weird symbol on smart list (cached)

Hayley_Sheaffer
Level 2

Weird symbol on smart list (cached)

A smart list we regularly use is now showing as cached. I hit the refresh button (highlighted on the bottom of the list bc it's the only place I could find it) and view the people again and it still appears to be cached. I use this as a nested smart list all the time. Does this mean it's not as accurate?   What do I do? Is there another refresh somewhere? I saw something about new subscription when I right clicked on the smart list, what does that mean?? 

Very new to marketo - so any dumbed down answer and step by step would help a lot!! Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

This is weird behavior. Have you created the ticket to Marketo support team or spoken to them on chat? 

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Hayley,

I've found that iconography of cached smart lists can sometimes take a browser refresh to display accurately. 

If you have refreshed the smart list as you have pointed out in your screen shot, refresh your screen to make sure the cached icon has disappeared. If it has not, it might pay to take the advice above and reach out to Marketo.

Hayley_Sheaffer
Level 2

I did refresh the browser...it did not help so I will reach out to support. What does it mean if the list is cached? Is it inactive or not pulling the values it should be somehow?

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Hayley Sheaffer ,

From all what I could check, all of the below discussions end up with contacting support. Below is what Marketo product Docs says about Cached Smart List.

pastedImage_2.png

I also checked the below discussions on the same topic which mostly ends up in contacting support!

Cached Smart List - Refresh 

Unable to uncache smart lists | Marketo Marketing Nation Community 

I would say try clearing the browser cookies and cache, and try "refreshing the smart list"  in  the Incognito mode. If the symbol still appears, then I think getting in touch with Marketo support is the best option!

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Thanks, Karan Hari.. This is something new for me as well...  

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Most welcome Sant  

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Add a new condition to the SL (any condition will do, just to change up the filters), wait for it to auto-save, then remove it and refresh the People tab.

There's another form of caching that Marketo does, not related directly to the "cached" icon.