Webinar Reminder Email Scheduling

Ari_Echt1
Level 5

Webinar Reminder Email Scheduling

I like to send out 3 reminder email for webinar registrants:
1 day before
1 hour before
10 minutes before

Currently I have a campaign setup with wait steps that specify a specific time and date to send.

Is it possible to do this programmatically working backwards from the event time/date tokens so you don't have to change it for each webinar? 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Calvin_Lam
Level 4

Re: Webinar Reminder Email Scheduling

Yes you can do it up to the "day" denominator.  See this article - https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L98K

F
or 1 hour and 10 min prior to the event, you will still need to specify the time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is always a point of interest to me, and I should start a larger discussion around it: how much automation is too much? I love the ability to automate, but webinars are really important to our business, and even with Marketo's rock solid reliability, I don't know if I could just do a "set it and forget it" webinar program. I think very few businesses run the kind of volume of webianrs (I would have to say multiple per week) to make fully automating the process worth it. Just my 2c.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently we are a level of automation less advanced than the original poster. We like to send two reminders (1 day before, 1 hour before) in two separate campaigns. Obviously there is little automation going on, but we do this only because we are worried that some late registrants may miss out on the reminders.

So my question is: If a lead registers for the webinar after the 1-day reminder is sent, but before the 1-hour point is reached, will those leads still receive the 1-hour reminder?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Casey,

Did you manage to solve your issue that you faced with the reminders. I am currently in the similar situation and I noticed that the recipient receives both reminders even if they registered on the day of the webinar. 

Is there a way to stop the lead from receiving the 1-day reminder email if they registered on the day of the webinar and before the 1-hour reminder email is sent? 

Thanks,
Mark