SOLVED

Webhook Called Twice

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Webhook Called Twice

I have a webhook that's called when an attribute is changed in a Marketo lead. However, the webhook is called twice in a row. Has anyone experienced this before?

The conditions are (all boolean AND)
1/ Filled out proper form
2/ Data value changes
3/ Data value changes to True
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Webhook Called Twice

Hi Hugo,

Can you clarify which of these criteria are filters, and which are triggers? Perhaps a screenshot would help here.

My guess is what's happening is you have multiple situations where a lead would qualify for the webhook, or you've built your smart campaign in a way that creates a loop (ie. a form is filled out, which triggers this campaign, but by filling out that form, a data value changes, which also triggers this campaign). My advice would be to look at restricting your smart campaign to only have one trigger, or set your qualification rules to "lead can only run through flow once". 

Hope this helps,

-Jeff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hugo,

Can you clarify which of these criteria are filters, and which are triggers? Perhaps a screenshot would help here.

My guess is what's happening is you have multiple situations where a lead would qualify for the webhook, or you've built your smart campaign in a way that creates a loop (ie. a form is filled out, which triggers this campaign, but by filling out that form, a data value changes, which also triggers this campaign). My advice would be to look at restricting your smart campaign to only have one trigger, or set your qualification rules to "lead can only run through flow once". 

Hope this helps,

-Jeff

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

I have the same guess as Jeff: probably multiple triggers fire at once. You can avoid this by setting the qualification criteria to "run every 1 hour". Of course, assuming you don't need to call the webhook more than once every hour for a particular lead. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jep: *Run every 1 hour* could lead to a wrong state unfortunately - it would work in 95% of cases though.

Jeff: There are two triggers. I could see how the underlying code would run it twice but that would be a bug in my book since the boolean is explicitly AND. I'm going to use one trigger and convert the second trigger into a filter of sorts.

I'll report back on the result. 

Hugo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using only one trigger stops the webhook from being called twice. Thanks guys.