Webhook being skipped in trigger campaign

vlionenapoli
Level 1

Webhook being skipped in trigger campaign

Hi! I've noticed that around 20-30%+ of leads in a certain campaign we're working on are just outright skipping a webhook step entirely – see below for the flow steps and an example activity log entry for someone affected. Any ideas? There isn't a failure of any kind on the Zapier end of our webhook – the webhook is simply not being fired off at all.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 8.14.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-07 at 8.13.07 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Re: Webhook being skipped in trigger campaign

Hi @vlionenapoli ,

Hmm, confusing. The only thing I can think of is that it's delayed due to Marketo taking some time to process a large number of webhooks.

Unlike the "Send Email" step, there isn't anything I know of that would cause a lead to straight-up skip a "call webhook" step. It would always show in the Activity Log, even if information in the parameters was missing - since the base URL doesn't change. 

I would check to see if it's delayed, and if not, escalate to Support.

vlionenapoli
Level 1

Thanks, Phillip! Yup, prior to posting this I added a 5 min wait step and a SFDC sync just to give it time to breathe, so hopefully that proves itself to be effective soon. We do make heavy use of webhooks so you could be onto something there – I wasn't aware that was a potential issue.

I'll reach out to support regardless, but yeah it's definitely odd that the step is skipped with no acknowledgement.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's no situation in which a Call Webhook is expected to be silently skipped. If that's happening, you have a major bug.

Marketo will open 20 concurrent webhook connections, but people will wait for an open connection, not skip the step.

A 5 minute Wait step (not a random Wait step or backoff) would just mean the same condition occurs 5m later.